October 12, 2023 : The National Weather Service has issued a tornado warning update for Sumner County, Tennessee, effective until 3:00 PM CDT. A tornado was spotted near Gallatin, Tennessee, moving east at 30 mph.
Residents of Sumner County are urged to take shelter immediately in a basement or interior room. If you are outdoors, seek shelter in a ditch or other low-lying area.
Here are some tips for staying safe during a tornado:
- Go to a basement or interior room on the lowest level of your home.
- If you do not have a basement, go to a closet or bathroom on the lowest level of your home.
- Get under a sturdy table or bed and cover your head and neck with your arms.
- Stay away from windows and doors.
- If you are outdoors, seek shelter in a ditch or other low-lying area.
- Cover your head and neck with your arms.
The following areas are included in the tornado warning update:
- White House
- New Deal
- Castalian Springs
- Fountain Head
The following roads are closed due to the tornado warning:
- Interstate 65 between Gallatin and Portland
- Highway 31E between Gallatin and Portland
- Highway 386 between Gallatin and Westmoreland
Residents of Sumner County are encouraged to stay tuned to local media for the latest updates on the tornado warning.
The National Weather Service has also issued a severe thunderstorm warning for Sumner County. This means that severe thunderstorms with damaging winds and hail are possible. Residents of Sumner County should take precautions and be prepared for severe weather.
If you see a tornado, do not try to outrun it. Take shelter immediately.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your local emergency management office.
Read More :